Untitled laughing woman – Monoprint on paper
I’m really excited to show you one of my latest prints. Print is definitely my first love and I am loving this new technique I’ve found! 🙂
As Yet Untitled – Print and Collage by Debbie Osborn
This is my second finished gesso relief, you may remember it from a recent blog although it looked a little different then. I’m looking to experiment a lot more with this technique, but I’m very pleased with how this piece has turned out, now just to varnish it 🙂
We had friends round the other day and I was bought a lovely bunch of spring flowers which included some beautiful hyacinths. I was inspired to use one for a relief.
When pressing this into the clay I wasn’t sure how it was going to come out.But I went for it anyway, the challenge is the driving force for me.Peeling back the clay is very satisfying. This is how it turned out.It still needs a bit of cleaning up but I’m very pleased! 🙂
Second plaster/gesso experiment using one of my own lino blocks.
Discovered that it’s quite hard to get the impressions level, but I like the result.
Just got to think about colour now! 🙂
Wow, I didn’t realise it was so long since I showed you what I was up to. What with the holidays, changing my studio round to make it more useable and experimenting with plaster :-). And I had a train set for Christmas, so that says it all!
This is my first real piece of plaster work, made using one of my ready cut lino blocks.
I made an impression with my block into the clay, building the edges up so that my mold held the liquid plaster.
Filled it with the plaster and waited.
I forgot to take a photo before I painted it, but never mind, I’ll show you the next one!
It has been sealed with acrylic varnish and painted with acrylic paint and then varnished again.
I really like how it’s turned out, now for a bigger one! 🙂
I had a fantastic day on a sculpture workshop at the Sainsbury Centre in Norwich yesterday with artist Desmond Brett. I learnt a variety of techniques that are accessible to me in my own art practice.Negative and positive casting, which included how to correctly mix the plaster. And some sculpture with found objects, Modroc and plaster. this was not using a preconceived idea we were to be led by the materials available.This was as far as I got in the time provided. I am very pleased with it.
I also did some plastering of myself! I had such a good day and learned loads 🙂