Another update of my painting, it’s getting quite exciting now! I’m just going out to do some more 🙂
Here’s another up date for my painting, it’s still going OK and so I’m going to need a title for it soon! 🙂
I am pleased with how my painting is progressing and I hope you enjoy me sharing my with you. I’m loving my sample paints they are super to use!
I have been itching for quite a while to do some painting. It has been over shadowed by admin, trying to earn money and making things to sell. But my itch has won and to my greatest of pleasure I have set myself up a still life!
Another problem I think is that I’ve always used student quality acrylics and at last I have bought myself a trial set of Golden acrylics and am amazed at the amount of pigment in them and the brightness of colours! Scale and proportion are difficult but I think I’ve made a good start 🙂
I’ve been exploring new Ideas for products to sell on my craft stall and in my Etsy shop. I’ve come up with a way of using the textiles that I love, hand printed and recycled, in a very creative way, collectors dolls 🙂
Meet Clarissa and Morwena.Morwena is now available to buy for £18.00 and soon will be listed in my Etsy shop!
Not much creativity has happened in my studio in the new year so far, as my ceiling is being insulated and also I’m having to deal with a mouse problem!!
This is what my studio looks like at the moment! The insulation is finished, which is going to make such a difference. And then there’s the mouse problem!Humane mouse traps and a lot of sorting out to look for damage and the buying of plastic boxes comes next!
First I must wish you all a very happy New Year. The holidays have been quite a restful time for us so that we are fresh and ready for work. So here I am ready to have a wonderfully creative 2017 🙂
I now can show you my lampshade commission as it is safely with it’s new owner. Commissions are always a challenge and this was for a very avid Harry Potter Fan and I had to avoid copyright issues.
Here’s the finished item.Now for the process!
This is the lampshade ready to be up-cycled. First I stained it with watered down fabric paint to match the paper I was going to use. I did think of using fabric for the covering but had the cutting out of letters to contend with so decided paper was best. It took a lot of thinking about but I am pleased with the final out come 🙂