‘Acrylic on canvas – green stripe’. I’m very pleased with this one 🙂 This is painted on top of one of my old paintings, therefore recycling the canvas and saving money!
Painting on up-cycled packaging, all finished after lots of layers!
My husband recently ordered a white board and when it arrived I eagerly claimed the packaging. A large, reinforced piece of corrugated cardboard was going to be my next challenge! First lots of primer!
A layer of pale grey as well to get me started and then my automatic drawing!
A good start but I know I knew a good few layers of paint would be needed to compensate for the texture of the cardboard.
I like it but yet more layers are needed 🙂
I am so pleased with my new product, recycled notebook or sketch book covers.These have been re-cycled from the very fashionable and popular PVC advertising signs. Obviously these awful things are not biodegradable and so will sit in landfill for ever so I have come up with a practical use for them instead of throwing them away.
I hand paint the the lengths of PVC and then sew them into shape. Then this turns into what I think are very desirable book covers with pencil loops on the front 🙂 Keep a look out as these will be soon available on my Etsy shop
I’ve just been inspired to work into and improve one of my old print blocks. I’ve cut into the basic shape to make it look more exciting.This image shows me testing the block on paper. I’ve made some extra test blocks in the shape of leaves to use with it.I’ve had this vintage anti-macassar for a while, already dyed with onion skins for me to print on. I’ve been waiting for just the right block to print on it with and decided this was it.Don’t you think it looks great on my Sofa! 🙂
First I must wish you all a very happy New Year. The holidays have been quite a restful time for us so that we are fresh and ready for work. So here I am ready to have a wonderfully creative 2017 🙂
I now can show you my lampshade commission as it is safely with it’s new owner. Commissions are always a challenge and this was for a very avid Harry Potter Fan and I had to avoid copyright issues.
Here’s the finished item.Now for the process!
This is the lampshade ready to be up-cycled. First I stained it with watered down fabric paint to match the paper I was going to use. I did think of using fabric for the covering but had the cutting out of letters to contend with so decided paper was best. It took a lot of thinking about but I am pleased with the final out come 🙂
I recently up-cycled this lampshade for our living room and shared with my friends and followers on Facebook.It has resulted in me getting a commission for a Lampshade of a specified design which I realised just in time that I’d better not say any more in case they read this post!!! 😛