This is my second finished gesso relief, you may remember it from a recent blog although it looked a little different then. I’m looking to experiment a lot more with this technique, but I’m very pleased with how this piece has turned out, now just to varnish it 🙂
We had friends round the other day and I was bought a lovely bunch of spring flowers which included some beautiful hyacinths. I was inspired to use one for a relief.
When pressing this into the clay I wasn’t sure how it was going to come out.But I went for it anyway, the challenge is the driving force for me.Peeling back the clay is very satisfying. This is how it turned out.It still needs a bit of cleaning up but I’m very pleased! 🙂
Second plaster/gesso experiment using one of my own lino blocks.
Discovered that it’s quite hard to get the impressions level, but I like the result.
Just got to think about colour now! 🙂
Wow, I didn’t realise it was so long since I showed you what I was up to. What with the holidays, changing my studio round to make it more useable and experimenting with plaster :-). And I had a train set for Christmas, so that says it all!
This is my first real piece of plaster work, made using one of my ready cut lino blocks.
I made an impression with my block into the clay, building the edges up so that my mold held the liquid plaster.
Filled it with the plaster and waited.
I forgot to take a photo before I painted it, but never mind, I’ll show you the next one!
It has been sealed with acrylic varnish and painted with acrylic paint and then varnished again.
I really like how it’s turned out, now for a bigger one! 🙂