Gesso Tile

Wow, I didn’t realise it was so long since I showed you what I was up to. What with the holidays, changing my studio round to make it more useable and experimenting with plaster :-). And I had a train set for Christmas, so that says it all!

This is my first real piece of plaster work, made using one of my ready cut lino blocks.

I made an impression with my block into the clay, building the edges up so that my mold held the liquid plaster.

Filled it with the plaster and waited.

I forgot to take a photo before I painted it, but never mind, I’ll show you the next one!
It has been sealed with acrylic varnish and painted with acrylic paint and then varnished again.

I really like how it’s turned out, now for a bigger one! 🙂

Advertisements

Christmas Card

I spent yesterday designing this years Christmas card. Yes I know it’s early, but if I don’t do it now I’d get to the beginning of December and would be struggling for inspiration even perhaps motivation in the business of the time of year!

I am really pleased with it and look forward to having it on sale 🙂

Greetings Cards

I’ve been enjoying this weeks card making before the last Fakenham Makers Market before the summer break. All made with original art, as you know, I do like hands on messy stuff! 

32 Triangles

Here is my main piece for Turn The Page artists book Fair. It was inspired by my painting I have now called ’32 Triangles’.

A limited edition of 32 Tulip fold books, each containing a miniature signed print  of the original painting. (12 displayed at one time)

In the humidity of the exhibition the books opened slightly and showed their content.

A wonderful time was had by all at the exhibition which was held in the Forum, Norwich. 

Turn The Page

I’ve been making my main piece for Turn The Page artists book fair and I’m very excited about it. It is based on my last paintingNow you’ll have to either come to Turn The Page at the Forum in Norwich or wait till I blog about it! 🙂

Printed Textile

I’ve just been inspired to work into and improve one of my old print blocks. I’ve cut into the basic shape to make it look more exciting.This image shows me testing the block on paper. I’ve made some extra test blocks in the shape of leaves to use with it.I’ve had this vintage anti-macassar for a while, already dyed with onion skins for me to print on. I’ve been waiting for just the right block to print on it with and decided this was it.Don’t you think it looks great on my Sofa! 🙂