Wow, I didn’t realise it was so long since I showed you what I was up to. What with the holidays, changing my studio round to make it more useable and experimenting with plaster :-). And I had a train set for Christmas, so that says it all!
This is my first real piece of plaster work, made using one of my ready cut lino blocks.
I made an impression with my block into the clay, building the edges up so that my mold held the liquid plaster.
Filled it with the plaster and waited.
I forgot to take a photo before I painted it, but never mind, I’ll show you the next one!
It has been sealed with acrylic varnish and painted with acrylic paint and then varnished again.
I really like how it’s turned out, now for a bigger one! 🙂