We’ve had two of these chairs since we moved in our house and I’ve been wanting to do something with them for quite a while. As I’ve been enjoying introducing my textiles in the house, this was another opportunity.
A very tired un inspiring chair!
Taking the seat apart took ages….
…..and I can’t believe how many tacks there were!
When putting new woven tape on the seat I tried to get it as tight as possible for bottom support!.
Then filled the recess with as much padding as I wanted and covered it with a layer of calico…..
……and then covered over the visible strips and the edges of the calico with hessian. When all secure I covered the seat with my very own printed re-used velvet and secured it with upholstery tacks.
And voila, a brand new chair!
Only one more chair to go!