I will be doing more pieces of this one as well I think!
I did some more leaf printing yesterday and I thought I would show you how the pattern is built up.
The first layer of print is the basic leaf shape repeated to fill the fabric. The next stage is to use the fill in block, not exactly the same shape which is purposeful. Next I emphasized the leaf stem and used the same block to add interest to the background. On top of this is another print of the basic leaf block in a darker colour and the background is brushed with ink with a stiff brush also to add interest.The finished piece
Rather yummy I think!
I got inspired by a friend who is working on some portraits in clay to try to do some faces in block print. This is my first.
Castle Acre Art and Craft Fair tomorow, so I’ve made some cards to try out on my customers.
I’ve done some more prints in other colours since I did these, I’ll show you those soon if you don’t come along to the fair tomorrow!
After my net curtains disintegrated in the washing machine, I thought I would take the opportunity to use some of my new block printing inks and sewing skills!
This, of course, is my favourite bit.
Muslin is the most difficult fabric to work with because it is so unstable and takes a lot of patience, but finished items are so pretty!
Checking what trim to use.
Sowing the unstable muslin to a stable lace. Be gentle and do not stretch or pull.
Tape for the top to make a channel for threading the curtain rod.
The finished curtains are very pretty, I like using my textiles around my house and I can photograph them for my website!
Happy New Year everyone!
I haven’t been well over the holidays, a bit of burn out as well as a virus. The upside to that means lot’s of resting, so lot’s of drawing! I have been producing patterns one after another.
Starting with black and white…..
…..then experimenting with colour.
There’s lots more to come!